Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.Sign Up
Sign up now to be a full member of the forum and join in discussions abut United, Football and life. It's totally free and we are a friendly bunch.
UnitedReds.net | Manchester United Forum and Blog
Your number one stop for Man Utd news, fixtures, results, transfer gossip, life and much more. Share your opinion with reds from around the globe. No newbie system.
Felix Magath named as new Fulham manager despite Fulham having two of their best performances of the year in the last two games. Strange that they waited till after United and Liverpool before sacking Rene and I'm not sure how anyone could have done better over those two games. Any chance of a return to United in some form?
I am very interested of how much realistic money can we get from some players that we might sell in the summer. Without CL money, Glazers not being russian or arab, already spend around 70 mill, still have some debt, money will be an issue to rebuild.Anderson, Young, Valencia, Nani, Wellbeck, Cleverley, Hernandez, Kagawa, Rooney, Robin can leave, but of course not all of them.
If you are interested in keeping in touch of club news and any ticket and travel information for games keep checking back in here for updates. Obviously, it goes without saying that United Reds will not accept any responsability or liability for transactions through this site. Please bear that in mind.
Some thoughts on this, though iczster will be able to provide more detail on today's. From what I can gather, it wasn't as good today as it was against Sociedad. That's not to say it was unnsuccessful but there are a few dissenters. A few reasons why that might be:
- People moved there who didn't want to be moved in the first place, purely out of defiance. People weren't going to be dictated to on where they can and can't sit when they've had a season ticket there for years. Cutting off their nose to spite their face.
- There were more people. In a way this can act against it. For the Sociedad game I was pretty much in the middle of it all and very rarely were there two songs going at the same time. Anyone who's been in tier two of the Stretty or to an away with a spread-out end will know that this happens regularly. I imagine that with twice as many people, different songs will have been going at different times, though this shouldn't have had too much of an impact.
- People's expectations will have been too high. No one had a bad word to say about the singing section last time (except those conveniently not in it) so naturally people who weren't there might've expected something totally revolutionary, when in reality it's more like being in a condensed version of the Stretty.
- The game itself. We were against bottom of the league on a Sunday (though that didn't have an impact against Sociedad), and to top it off we were losing for most of the game. Typically we're at our loudest when we're behind but this seemed different. It didn't sound quite as rapturous and I'd say that was because we still expected a win (I certainly did anyway). Against Sociedad it was almost like a party atmosphere. Less of that today.
- Our opponents. Against Sociedad there was a march to the ground, where we went past all their fans, then when we got in there were thousands of them up in East tier 2 and with us expecting them to be loud we knew we had to be louder. We...
Page 167 of 171